Tuesday, October 2

A Sense of Completion

Yea!!! Rob and the crew wrapped up the soybeans late last night! What a load off of his shoulders. Especially now that today had brought some light rain showers.
They have been able to harvest the beets at night lately. They were shut off again yesterday at Noon and started up at Midnight last night. They are still at it right now, but it didn't get too cold last night, so even with the cloud cover they might last for an hour more.
Rob and I had to run a couple of errands together this morning. This story might sound strange to some of you, but this is the life of farmers. We rarely run errands together, just because my errands are differant...home, grocery, haircuts, school. Unlike his, usually all farm stuff. Today, however, he needed my signature on some papers. After our "work" stuff was done he put gas on for me and we grabbed some coffee. We both walk in to this gas sation together; now, we have been married for 8 years and have gone to this gas station for just as long, so we know everyone there and they know us very well---seperate! So, we walk in together and Bev says "Whoa! you guys, the couple, together!" We laughed and I said " I know, it is strange for me too!" Haha! I hope you all see the humor in it. It is not that Rob and I never see eachother and we have this hit and miss relationship (we actually have a fabulous relationship) it works very well for us. We just don't do things like fill up the car with gas together. Haha!!!