Well, here I am all big and round, bloated and swollen and all with good cause!!! I have had the best pregnancy and I am just so honored to be at this point in my life. God is so good to see fit for Rob and I to have such a tremendous responsibility and we don't take it lightly. Yes, we do get to enjoy a cooing and cuddling tiny little baby for what 3 months, but as we all know, they grow up...quickly! And they turn into big people, people who will one day, Lord willing, vote, and raise their own families. Yes, I know that I am thinking way into the future, but when I look at how fast my "babies" have grown up, coddling and cooing would have been the worst thing I could have done for them. We have to be responsible, we have to train them to be responsible. Teaching them that they need to enjoy being a kid now because it doesn't last forever ( I know that their might be some adults that don't agree with me on this) but seriously, if you want to live in reality, there is a time and place for all things. Being and acting like a kid at 14 is completely different than being and acting like a kid at 26!Don't get me wrong I have loved EVERY phase that M and E have gone through, there have been some challenging moments and there are still more yet to come. We go through them together and together with Christ as our core we will be bound with cords that are not easily broken.
Well, now that you all are wondering who on earth put that soap box under my feet, I leave you with one great hope and that is "We can do nothing apart from Christ" It is Him that I depend on with my parenting, because ultimately they are His.
1 comment:
you look lovely! and here's to heart-training! may we always be diligent to do so. great points.
Post a Comment