Wednesday, November 21

What it is Thanksgiving...already?!

"An Affair of Tables" hostess Emily Salentine
Lisa, Me, Emily and Tatianna (missing Danell)


I have to preface this by saying "Jeeperz" I honestly can't believe that it is the 21st of November. Time flies when you have kiddos in school! Today is their first day of the Thanksgiving holiday. They have been looking forward to this for some time. Their cousins from South Carolina are driving up for the holiday. Micah and Antonio share the same birthday, so a huge celebration is waiting for them. So that is why there haven't been any birthday pictures posted yet. However, M did get quite the birthday surprise. On his special day, Rob picked him up from school and they drove over to GF. It was there that Rob gave M his present: a 2006 Yellow and black ski-doo sled! How cool is that for a 6 year old. Rob had gone up a couple of days earlier and purchased it and so the guys knew that he would be bringing M in so that had it all shiny and sparkly and made quite the big fuss over it. Later that night we were at KFC and I hadn't seen M all day so he makes his way over to me and puts his forehead to mine, his nose is touching mine and we are looking each other dead in the eye and with all the excitement flowing through his body into mine he whispers "I got a snowmobile!" It was so adorable. I know that if it where me I would have stood up and made a public announcement, but he was pretty reserved, so I say good for him.
The weekend before M's birthday, the girls and I had our annual fall/birthday bash. Every year for the last 7 years a couple of girlfriends of mine that have birthdays within a couple of weeks of each other escape for a shopping/R&R/quiet time. This year we went to Fargo, because one of us was just recovering from a 10 week, very ill, morning sickness. She had very little strength, but was able to join us for supper on Saturday night. She is feeling much better now, praise the Lord. So, we started our weekend out by going to a fundraiser "An affair of Tables" this raises money for the auxiliary for the hospital. There are about 25 table that are very uniquely, romantically, lavishly and exquisitely decorated by local women whom then invite women to feast at their table. The hostess serves drinks and dessert and the $25 fee provides a beautiful lunch. This is my 3rd year and I love it everytime and look forward to the next year. We then helped our hostess tear down ( she was going with us on this weekend retreat). We headed to her place to drop it all off and it was then that I had my first official "pregnancy moment"...I locked the keys in the car. Thankfully Rob was able to find the spare and bailed me out. Finally, we were off. We stayed at the Windgate Hotel, went for Mexican food and then the ladies went for some bubbly, I got to enjoy watching them :) The next day was full of shopping and we did get our pedicures in as well. All in all, even being pregnant I was able to keep up with the girls and i had a great time.
It is always great to come home though. I think E was the happiest to see me. She followed me around for two days straight and was so excited that I was home. I love being loved ♥

No comments: