Friday, April 18

Full Speed Ahead

I can hardly believe it is this time of year already. With the beautiful weather, comes the hullaballoo of the season. Rob is, as I type this at 10:15 pm, seeding wheat. It is exciting, but in the word of Micah as I called them to the "burban" to take supper out to Rob..."Oh, it's that time again!" So, I guess the kids are old enough now to know what to expect. This year will be pretty easy then :)

I have been rather busy this week. Things have been driving me CRAZY around here. So, I finally sat down to write out a list of things that HAD to be changed, to insure my sanity. One of the first things was getting my children's bad habits, that I have cultivated, under control. Emma, bless her heart, is a "collector" however, her passions pass from one BOX of "treasures", to another and before long we have "treasures" everywhere. I have tried taking things and putting them in a MOMMY box that the only way to get one item out was to clean up her current mess, yeah, that didn't work. Now I just have a box of junk in a closet that I will eventually have to deal with. So, my solution to this...she has too much freedom. So, I made a schedule, much like the schedule I have for Creed. When Emma comes home from school we have lunch, after lunch she can watch a movie, she needs this time to unwind from her day a school. Then she has 45 minutes of free time (playing outside, down in the basement, crafts, dancing, reading ect. But, she has to choose what she wants to do and stick it out, or she can cut her time in half and do something else, but she has to button up her first choice. After free time, she then can play on the computer for 30 minutes then it is up for room time for 45 minutes.
Micah has the same sort of schedule, but his one requirement is 20 minutes of reading. He reads for 100 minutes a week and at the end of the month he gets a free personal pizza from Happy Joes. He has been doing very well. Today he chose to read his book outside on the tramp.
I was surprised at how well they are doing. They almost seemed please to have this schedule. Now they know what to do with thier time. This also eliminates the "I'm Bored!"

So since I put the kids on a schedule, I have put myself on one too. I have made it top priority to read my Bible. I have already been so bless with just that one scheduled time. Another thing that I have been doing is repeating "Don't leave a mess!" to myself on an hourly basis. I am amazed at myself, and I wonder where Emma gets it =>

I LOVE that Creed is eating solids. I have so been enjoying the time to make his food. So far I have made his Oatmeal, butternut squash and sweet potato. He hasn't tried the sweet potato yet, but I am trying to stay ahead of the game. I am freezing them in ice trays. The cubes are the perfect size for his feeding. My SIL Susan made him applesauce from her apples last fall, I froze them and have been using those for mixing in with his oatmeal, yummy, he sure likes it! So now I know he is good with apples, he tried the squash...yeah, that wasn't so great, but I mixed it in with the apples, he sure ate that right up. It has been so fun.

Well, I have been pretty long winded, there has been alot going on, but sometimes it is funner to see pics. I don't have any for you this time, but maybe tomorrow. XOXOXO

No comments: