That is the question! Should I be a bit "gushy" with this post? Yes, I shall!

I have such a precious, valuable, priceless, jewel when it comes to my friendship with Stacie. We have been BFF for 18 years....18! I have been closer with her for more than 1/2 my life, no one can even come close to that. We have gone through some major drama together (most of it hers :)) but we have pulled through it together. She seriously is more than a sister to me and I adore her. She takes me with all my dullness, she is the color of my life. I know she appreciates my stability and I thoroughly appreciate her flare of life. I love that she is a kindred spirit with my Emma. She helps me understand her highs and lows. The connection between them was beautiful to behold.

Her visit to life up here in the arctic meant so much to Rob and I. She finally can see why it has taken me a while to get used to the slow pace of farm life. But she now has an appreciation of the quiet, mundane life I cherish. I was thrilled beyond words to know that she was completely relaxed here. I am always a bit insecure when "city folk" come for a visit. It is really slow up here. Often we are the only car on the long straight road to anywhere. She said she slept the best on our guest bed, the best she has ever slept before...the whole night thru; I believe it is because there isn't a sound outside, no racing cars, cop sirens, trains, obnoxious thumping music from getto cars; just soft wind blowing, an owl or a barking dog (sometimes). One of the funniest moments for me was jumping on her bed Thursday morning wanting her to wake up and she didn't even stir.
She has such an unbelievable talent for cooking. I am strictly by the recipe and she can throw something together from stuff that has been in my cupboard for too long, and make it taste like Rachel Ray was in my kitchen. Thank you for my vacation inside your vacation. I didn't lift a finger the whole time she was here. Rob paid her the BEST complement the night we had BBQ ribs, baked potato and steamed vegetables; "I am going to over eat tonight, because this is so good!" Rob has the most control over his appetite, so that was impressive.
I learned so much more of my bff on this trip, and I love her 100 times more than when she first got off that plane. I honestly don't know what my life would be like with out you in it Stace, I never want to know! You have brought me so much spunk and flare and you teach me how I want to be in that way. Without you I would just be this rigid, straight line person that bores people with my view of how things should be. Thanks for letting me get completely hammered and then teaching me CPR and the Hymlek to save my kids. I will never forget that!

You are beautiful!
4 comments:
Aw, that was such a sweet post. :) How blessed to have a friend like that!
Leanna, you are such a great friend to stacie, I'm glad you are bff, it is the best to know you'll always have each other no mater what.i loved to read your blog, its great. love and kisses to all
friends like that are a treasure indeed!
awe, I'm glad I am your "colored" friend. I had such an amazing time, I cant wait to have time to post a blog on it. I love you and miss you already!
Post a Comment