Wednesday, August 20

Dinner With My Son

I am one lucky lady! To have the first date with Micah J. and is he ever fun! We took off together after a Church softball game on Sunday. M has been wanting to go to Applebee's for a good long time and Rob and Emma just aren't big fans, so I told him that we would go together on a date. He kept reminding me until we got it done. We also got the rest of his school shopping done. It was a great time. I love being his mom! He is enjoying his Sprite and waiting for his Steak! I can't believe how big he is; our conversations were amazing and the whole time I kept reminding myself that he was MINE. I am so proud!
I will always remember his "Firefly" story. At this time I only wished I had a tape recorder so that I could replay his sweet little voice telling me this captured moment in his life.

What an honor to be a Mom. I was there when they took him from my body, worked on him to get him breathing, watched him fight for his life and finally nurse him to health literally. I encouraged him to roll over, get up on all 4's, crawl, walk, talk, run. I made him keep his word when he told me he would read when he turned 5 (caught on tape). I am his sounding board for his new book ideas and his inventions and all the games he will put together when he gets older. I stand in awe at all that he has accomplished this far and he is only 6...Look out world, here comes Micah J.
"Ordinary work, which is what most of us do most of the time, is ordained by God every bit as much as is the extraordinary. All work done for God is spiritual work and therefore not merely a duty but a holy privilege." Elizabeth Elliot
The "ordinary"routines and schedules we keep every day all week long with our little ones isn't just an empty motion, it is a privilege we are gifted to over see the life of another one of God's vessels. Who know what will come of our "duties" at home. May they be EXTRAORDINARY, and for the honor and glory of God!

No comments: