Wednesday, March 4

Micah's First Junior Music Festival



Micah has the best piano teacher. She is from Fertile and this is her first year of teaching, her name is Whitney Allrich and we have been so impressed with her and Micah this year. Whitney proposed in December that Micah go for the big dog and take on 4 songs to be preformed at the NDSU Fine Arts Center in Fargo at the end of February. He excitedly accepted and I agreed that this was a perfect fit for him. He worked very hard everyday (without me hassling him or reminding him to do his piano lessons) and took this very seriously. Finally the day arrived and he was as calm as I have ever seen him. He practiced a bit more that morning and was able to go over thing in his mind over the hour long drive to Fargo. His first performance was hymns; he would be the one to go first. He was brilliant, it was as if he had done this all his life. When he was finished with Amazing Grace and For the Beauty of the Earth he got up took his bow and returned to his seat with a green slip of paper displaying the mark of Superior! If he chooses to do this for the next 2 year and receives 2 more Superior marks he will receive his hard earned first awarded trophy! I can guarantee you he will be back, even though we haven't talked about it yet. He then went to perform his solos, which he had to memorize. He performed the Raven's Call and...oh, I can't remember now! Grr, I hate when that happens. Anyway, he walked away from those performances with an Excellent! How proud we are of our boy! And doesn't he look smashing!!!

2 comments:

Macie's Momma said...

wow how neat! and yes he does look darling, that vest is perfect ;)

Twinkle Toes said...

smashing indeed, way to to Micah!