Tuesday, January 26

My New Living Room

I began this remodeling job the day Creed started feeling better, it took me one whole week, but I have it just the way I want it. The best thing is the only thing I purchased was paint! I had everything else, I just got creative...which is difficult for me :)
I went from a frosty purple color to Warm Stone on the south and west walls and Sun Dried Tomato on the north and east walls.
I took satin black spray paint to the shelf and small table
and the corner shelf.
Now, I have another small table and spray painted it black to have near the t.v console and it holds a small beaded lamp.
Rob isn't fond of the tiles across the wall but for now that is what we have.
The ultimate plan is get the awful t.v. out of there and have this room as our parlor/music room, and of course, beautiful espresso colored leather furniture...in due time. For now, I am so pleased with the warmth the colors bring and it is so relaxing.

4 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

the colors look great!

LeAnna said...

thanks i love it!

The McKays said...

i LOVE this room. reminds me of our first home in texas; we did a beautiful red on a few walls, then some mocha color on the rest. so warm! nice work. and i loved that you re-purposed items in your home!

how did the earth balls turn out??

LeAnna said...

MMMM!!! I love the Earth Balls, make them at least once a week! I subbed the sesame seeds for sunflower seeds and that makes it perfect for me. The kids like them too! If you have more wonderful recipes like that please share :) Thanks!