Friday, December 24

My Gift To You...An Update! Ha :)

Merry Christmas Eve!
I am waiting for my husband to come home from Fargo picking up my BIL and 3 of the 4 cousins from Virginia. So while I wait, I will NOT try to catch up on that past 5 months, but I will upload some very special moments of the past couple of weeks.

On November 13 Creed cut his sucking thumb on a sharp object down in the basement (we have a vague idea...but the story is still unclear.) What is clear is that after 1 1/2 hours of intense bleeding we took him to the ER where he received 4 stitches. He had dressings on his thumb for 3 weeks and never once complained about not being able to suck his thumb. We thought he was finished and I mourned :( But...after he realized that it really was healed (4 weeks later) he sucked that thumb like was never bandaged. I was glad!
On November 14 Micah turned 9...9...yah, 9! So. Hard. To. Believe! We got 2 pictures and they both turned out BAD!

On December 3 Emma celebrated with her girlfriends her 8th birthday at the:
The girls got to choose from a mug, a bowl or a small plate. They each painted their pottery and then helped Emma paint her birthday plate. One week later I delivered the finished product to 4 every eager little girls.


On December 10 our baby turned 3! My, how time flies! He awoke that morning gifts a pourin from his big brother and sister. He knew all day that it was HIS special day and he was in the FUNNEST mood! We went to school and it was wonderful how his little friends greeted him with a happy birthday and sang to him even.
We had his friend birthday on the 12 after church with 2 of his favorite buddies, EriK and Andreas. Later that evening the family came out to celebrate with us.
Because I had been asking M and E about what they wanted for their birthday and what kind of party they wanted; Creed had his all planned and he told me he wanted a John Deere birthday and for Erik and Andreas over. So that is what he got. :)

2 comments:

Twinkle Toes said...

good times! love the pottery party. and i too cannot believe our boys are 9...going on 10. what?!?!?!?

The McKays said...

great update! like mel, love the painting pottery idea. the tractor cake rocks. btw--i have a new blog address. :)