GOLD CUP
Micah and Emma both participated in the 2011 Music Festival sponsored by the NFMC (National Federation of Music Clubs). This was M's 3rd year participating which means if he succeeded in receiving another round of Superiors in his Hymns he would be rewarded his 1st Gold Cup. Guess what? He did! What a huge accomplishment for this kid! He is playing piano like no body's business and I am so proud of him. This was his first year playing duets (2 pieces) and they both received Superior marks, phew, is all I have to say ( I was sweating it!)
This was Emma's 2nd year participating in the Festival. The amazing part is that last year she received superiors in both of her categories and this year she did again, however, this year she added a third category, duets. So she is on track to receiving 2 Gold Cups next year.
***For those who may be confused, just to clarify, you must participate in the festival, select the same category each year and receive Superior marks 3 years in a row before being rewarded a Gold Cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment