Tuesday, January 15

God Bless Our Love




Tomorrow will mark our 9th year together. When we talk about our lives together, we are astonished at how quickly time has flown by and yet it feels like we have been together forever. Just the other night we were talking about our first date. The night before (at Amanda and Ryan's groom supper) he had asked me to go see Titanic with him (he thought I was serious when I said yes), I was totally like "yeah, I'll go with you (tongue in cheek) I have no idea who you are! The next night at the wedding, I noticed him waiting around so I went over to see how he was and if he enjoyed the wedding, then I realized he was waiting for me. He told me that he had checked on the movie and there were no more showings. Somehow that impressed me and I asked him if he wanted to go for coffee. See, the weird part of this whole story is that I went with him! He was a stranger, I didn't know if he was a Christian or if he was a good guy or not. What is even more strange is that my parents let me go! Granted I was 20, but you would think they would ask me some questions just to jump start my own! God had it all planned out, he was a Christian and he was a wonderful man. That night as we drove back down to Ogden for coffee, we passed the Church we would get married in 10 months later.


I have been very blessed! I am still madly in love with my husband, and we have grown our love into three beautiful children. It still feels like we were just married, but experience has proven that we have known each other for a long time. We just get each other, we know the words to say (and what not to say.) Sometimes we know what the other is thinking just by the look in their eye. We have love and respect and praise God we have had very little fighting. Some would say that the fights bring you closer to each other, I would disagree. I believe communication and eye to eye contact so that there are no misunderstandings, bring you closer together. Well, at least that is what has worked for us, that and neither one of us are confrontational people.
I have made a list of 9 reasons why I love being married to Rob:

  • He Loves The LORD
  • Because he loves the LORD he knows how to love me
  • He is secure in my love for him
  • He thinks before he speaks
  • He thinks of others before himself
  • He is an amazing father
  • He is a great provider
  • He gives me space
  • He supports me in most of my off the wall ideas (provides sound counsel when needed).


Really we are a great match, only the Lord would have seen that we would be this good together. I know that Amanda would NEVER have put us together.

I am looking forward to this next year with Rob and the many more I pray we get to have. We are not going to be doing much this year to celebrate. He asked me last night what I was thinking to do and I told him that I wanted to be all together, this is what we have to celebrate; our family and right now I want to celebrate with them. So it is going to be low key and quiet.

No comments: