Wednesday, July 16

Creed's Well Child Check-Up

Well, we knew that our little Creed was small, but we had no idea that he wasn't growing! Well, let me explain...According to our Dr. (who is fabulous) he is concerned because Creed has gone from the 20% in weight down to the 10%. So, for the next month I am to feed him once in the night to see if we can put that weight back on him. If not he is recommending that I stop nursing and go strictly to formula. I am really bummed; I don't want to stop nursing, so I am going to do what I need to do to improve my milk supply. Hopefully when we go in for the weight evaluation next month he will see improvement.
So here are his stats: Weight-16 lbs. 04 oz-10th percentile
Height-26.5-27th percentile
He said that nothing developmentally is wrong with him; he is strong and seems to be on pace for his age. He did check his heart for a murmur-apparently weight loss is a sign for that. If he doesn't gain weight this month Dr. B will be recommending me to a Dr. that specializes in this area.
I would ask that you pray for our little guy-pray for my milk and for wisdom for Rob and I to do what is best for him; we don't want me to continue to nurse him if that is the problem. Pray for a healthy growth this month.
He had his shots and you wouldn't even know it. He cried for like 2 second and then was smiling at the nurses that just inflicted the pain he was having. What a sweetheart!

1 comment:

Macie's Momma said...

it doesnt make sense your milk was fine with the other 2 and creed is eating other food/ I will pray for him but I really dont think its your milk. you could always stop nursing, pump to keep in your milk and give him formula now to see if thats it.. im so sorry, its so hard when something goes wrong with your child, much love stac