I was upstairs when I heard screaming, yelling and crying from both Micah and Emma, so needless to say I freaked and ran down to the basement remembering to latch the gate so that Creed didn't follow and tumble down the unrailed stairs that leads down the basement. Nothing could have prepared me for the amount of blood that was streaming from Micah's mouth. He was on his knees crying and screaming; Emma was on the phone talking to Reise crying and screaming. I was not getting any help as to what happened so I grabbed a towel and started to clean the area where all the blood was, not knowing if M had busted out all his teeth or what. Finally I got a very unclear explanation of what happened - bottom line M had a hole on the side of his mouth that needed to be closed up before he ended up looking like the Joker with a crooked smile.
This picture is of M in the ER just about ready to get stitched up. You can't really tell how deep or bad this hole really is, but it was really bad. He was soooo brave, you guys. I know that I wouldn't have been nearly so brave. I was with him during the whole thing this time and I had a hard time afterwards. When M was about 3 we took a trip to the ER one Sunday after Church because he had gashed his head open right between his eyes. Rob was with him during those stitches and I was with Emma. So I didn't realize how it was going to effect me.
I watched them put on the 3 stitches. Crazy!
This is the Dr. that stitched him up. He is numbed up so that is why the smiles.
This is Lacy his nurse. She could relate to M because when she was about his age she was mauled by a dog that took off her jaw and bottom lip. YIKES! You couldn't even see her scars.
The Doc did a fantastic job and hopefully will heal up well enough to not even notice.
Trying to get to the ER was nuts. E was a mess, she couldn't handle all of the blood and the knowledge that her brother was in a lot of pain was definitely not helping, so I was calling around to the Aunties to take her and Creed, but it was Friday night and the boys had games, I am sure. I couldn't get a hold of Rob to even tell him we were on our way to the ER. Then there was Creed, did I mention that it was supper time. I had pizza in the oven, a hungry baby and two screaming children and I had to be calm. Poor M had to just stand in the entryway with ice on his wound til I got organized enough to head out the door. I was able to see Rob in the yard once I pulled out of the garage, so he took Emma. We live 15 miles away from the hospital, so I am pulling about 80 miles an hour, hoping no cops are out and then we have to stop for a train. I told M it was a good thing his life wasn't on the line. Finally we reached the hospital and from there some one else took over and I was thankful.As you can tell I am no good at drama and this was enough for me. When I got home I didn't have an appetite and I was every edgy. I like my life without the wrinkles, but I have this one under my belt and hopefully next time ( and there will be a next time) I will be better equipped.
3 comments:
sounds like you did great! that feeling is so weird when you see blood comming from your kid and your not sure what happened, pure panic! I am proud of you, I know you dont like wrinkles frankly who does, but I am very proud of you!! Im sure from the adrenaline you will be edgy for a few days!! much love- I want to call but I dont want to bug.. oh well Im calling my nephew anyway!
Oh my Micah!!! I am so sorry that you got hurt! Pastor and I will keep you in our prayers and you'll have to share (if you want to) with us at school on Monday...
Leanna! You did great! It's amazing how much strength God gives us at these times!
Thinking of you, my friends!
Mrs. B
How awful, I'm glad everyone is ok! I haven't had an er run yet... but I'm not naive to the fact that it's only a matter of time!
Post a Comment