Tuesday, December 30

The Christmas Recial

Backstage getting ready for the big show...
All the dance team
After it was all done...


The Not so Nutcracker progressed at the Crookston High School auditorium on Sunday December 21 at 2 pm after another bluster day that produced cancellations of church and plays around the area. We were glued to the TV, radio and computer to find out whether the play was still in fact on or not.
Emma's hair was finally long enough to pull back into a beautiful bun. We were both so excited about that and for the whole week prior to the program she wanted to wear a bun in her hair. She loves recital day because she gets to wear makeup at the request of the dance teacher. She was all dolled up and ready to go, we picked up her costume at the school and were admiring how beautiful she looked when she looked up at me and asked "where are my shoes, mom?" I gasped as I remembered so clearly bringing the dance bag up to her room to place the tap shoes in them and leaving her bag on her bed! She instantly began to cry, I was on the verge, but I found Meleah and asked if she had extras she had a solid plan and set out to console our little candy girl.
The program was fun and adorable, there was only one performance I would have left out, but what do you do...

Emma is the 3rd one out. Her partner didn't show up and so the other 2 girls improvised and included her in their little group dance.

No comments: