Emma was a little confused all day. She knew that December 5th was the day she was born, but couldn't understand why she was having her birthday party the next day. She kept telling people that her birthday wasn't until her party.
We always have a small party the day of their birthdays with just our family. That is when we give them our presents.
Emma was very surprised when she open up the big box and found Felicity there. She now has a new best friend, it has been so fun watching her take care of her new American Girl doll. She even tucked her in her own little bed that night.
{Note* Some of you might get a bit offended at my selfishness here, but...it is just the way it is here in our house :)} We weren't able to get our tree today because Thomford's was closed when we went, which we thought was just DUMB! But the kids had the chance to still put up a tree and decorate! They have their very own tree that goes up in the library. This tree gets decorated with all the ornaments given to them and ones that they have made, this is their tree to decorate the way they want, and I don't say a thing about it.
MY tree however, is NOT decorated with any ornaments of my kids hands or feet or any other ornaments given to us. It is simply lights and balls with a few flowers here and there. Very organized and boring for some. But it is the way I like to have MY tree ;)

2 comments:
You are not selfish! I do the same thing with the trees! The kids love that they are able to decorate their own tree and I am happy to have an "adult" tree. We are all happy. :)
oh tell my little emma happy birthday, and I love her very much!
Post a Comment