Tuesday, August 10

Half ways to a Big Boy

After our trip to Utah, it had obviously been a while since C was able to sleep in his own bed (the crib), so I took advantage of that and we moved him right into a Big Boy bed. We had toyed with the idea of the boys bunking, but there is such an age difference, within a couple of years M is going want his space. So we switched the boys rooms. M is now in the larger room (old nursery) and C is in M's old room. I did have to repaint M's room because it was the nursery it was babyish, so we had him pick colors from our stash and it came together really nice. We only had to by M a new mattress; we had an old head and foot board in the shed, so I cleaned that up, repainted it and there we have it.
Here he is, such a big boy. He has done pretty well. Last week was a struggle, but this week has been perfect. I did have to threaten to take away his Ollie if he got out of his bed again, but after that he has stayed tucked in like a big boy.
So, first "big boy" thing down 1 to go and he is NOT interested in the next "big boy" thing...at all! So, potty training is not gonna happen just yet. I will enjoy not having to be by a bathroom at all times for the next little while. He may take his time, but I am not going to press him too hard. Both M and E were done at this age, but I know he is a different kid and he will go eventually.

No comments: