Sunday, September 30

Sweet Sweet Sugar Beets

The new CAT,
Rob's Bin Project this summer,
7 Months Pregnant

Technically, Rob and all the area farmers started beet harvest on Saturday. Some started at Midnight, Rob and his crew started at 8 A.M. They all got shut down for heat around 10 A.M. It was a warm one yesterday and today is a really nice day out. Rob is taking a nap as I type because they start up again at 8 P.M. and will work throughout the night, till they get shut down sometime tomorrow for heat.

Last night Rob and his dad combined til around 1:30 A.M. finishing up a soybean field. After shuffling around the trucks and putting away the combines he climbed into bed around 3 A.M. He is just about done with his beans, I think he has about one and a half fields left. I know he is ready to put those combines away.

I am hoping to snap a few pictures of the beet operation so that you can see how all that goes. This is the busiest time of the year, the funnest time and the hardest time. I love how we get to see the fruits of the labor finally come in, and seeing all that equipment moving around is so awesome to me, but it is so hard to see the wear on the face of my husband. He is such a strong man, and I know that he would say the same thing, he is totally dependant upon God for all of that strength. If you think of him during these next few weeks, please pray for him, he needs strength, wisdom, patience and endurance.

I hope that you were able to spend time together with family and go to a place of Worship today. May God's blessing be upon you this week, my loved ones.

1 comment:

The McKays said...

you look great! and i will be in prayer for rob's work in the coming months.