First I would like to say how much I hated not having a computer! I felt so disconnected from the world. I didn't realize how much I use this thing, like for recipes, information and contact. So, I am grateful to be back on line.
The second BIG Hooray is that the Beet Campaign is over! Rob and crew successfully finished their operation on Sunday October 14th at about 8:15 am. They will still need to go in for a full shift to take the rest of the beets out once Chrystal decides how much more they will need from their pending 10%. So, now it is a waiting game. But, I can tell that Rob is standing up much taller this morning. Now, if the weather holds up, they will be working on ditching and digging until freeze up.
It has become an annual tradition that on the night of, or the night before the completion of the beet harvest, I bring out to the field Chili to the crew to celebrate! We had our Chili dinner on Saturday this year and once again there were some pretty thankful guys. I just know that it is a small gift from me to show my appreciation for all their hard work. Rob says that it is a helpful tool to get the guys to come back for next year. LOL! I know the truth...they come back because Rob is a great employer, who really appreciates his helpers. And, they can see Jesus in him. Even when things get a little tough; what a ministry he has.
I am so thankful for this bountiful harvest! God has poured out his blessings and his mercy on this farm and we stand in awe. There were no major break downs this year, and even though we had some rain, they only pulled 3 trucks. Lord, You are so good and we just thank You!
1 comment:
glad you are back online; i hear you on how hard it is being disconnected. hooray for a good harvest! i have actually never seen a sugar beet, so this was a new moment for me. enjoy your getaway!
Post a Comment